Conference - One Health: More than a buzzword?
AnimalhealthEurope’s 2017 conference focused on One Health and what that really means. Is it just a buzzword? Or can we truly move from vision to action and accomplish improvements in health for all?
Interested stakeholders, alongside policy-makers, the animal health sector and research partners, discussed how we can take action through legislation, research, partnerships and innovation.
Presentations from the event can be made available on request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Keynote speaker: Francisco Reviriego Gordejo, Adviser on crisis management in food, animals and plants, DG SANTE
When: 12 October 2017, 9:00-16:00
Where: Renaissance Brussels Hotel, Rue du Parnasse 19, 1050 Brussels
- The One Health concept: role of policy makers
- Session I: Animal health, key to One Health
- Why animal health is an essential part of One Health
- Healthy animals and public health
- Societal benefits of animal companionship
- Healthy animals and the environment
- Dealing with (re)emerging zoonoses: the Dutch example
- Session II: One Health: from vision to action
- The animal health industry’s needs to deliver solutions
- DG SANTE’s initiatives to increase medicines availability
- DG RTD’s actions fostering research and innovation
- Panel: From vision to action: Achieving success in partnership