Preventing Animal Diseases in Europe
Role of vaccines in tackling infectious and emerging diseases
An event organised by AnimalhealthEurope and kindly hosted by
Martin Hlaváček MEP & Simone Schmiedtbauer MEP
- 08:00 Arrival and breakfast
- 08:30 Welcome and introduction by Simone Schmiedtbauer MEP
- 08:40 Introduction by the moderator
- 08:45 Prevention is better than cure: the role of vaccines in preventing and controlling infectious emerging diseases, Roxane Feller, Secretary General AnimalhealthEurope
- 09:00 Austrian experience on animal health, Max Hörmann, Austrian Chamber of Agriculture
- 09:10 From encouraging innovation to the availability of animal health tools: the priorities for the new EU mandate 2019-2024, Representative of the European Commission DG SANTE (TBC)
- 09:25 Getting the foundation right: MEP perspective on what the EU Institutions could do to promote animal health and welfare, Martin Hlaváček MEP
- 09:35 Q&A exchange of views with panel
- 09:55 Closing remarks
Further details on how to register will follow shortly.
Note that limited seats are available and registration will only be confirmed shortly before the event.